Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:12 AM   #24
OrdpeteMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17202
So my 2100 RPM squeak vacated the building. Drove it last night. Completely gone. Same tank of 87 octane.

I had the center grill out to install a bunch of little round running lights. When I reinstalled it, I zip tied every loose wire and anything else. Not sure if it helped.

I did spray the serpentine belt with a couple of good sprays of brake kleen while the engine was running. Didn't seem like it did anything at the time. Drove it about 5 miles up through the gears and no squeak. So I'm leaning towards a serpentine belt or out of alignment engineer pulley that was temporarily appeased by the brake kleen.

I was going to make a video of the squeak. Glad it is gone. Hopefully it stays gone. Thank you to all the replies.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum