Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 02:28 AM   #16
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
This is not 'buyer beware', this is a fraudulent practice. I've recently changed, internet, cell phone and home phone. I learned the hard way, that every new account automatically checks 'Yes' on receiving promotional information. I could not figure out why my mail box was full of ads until I went into one of the accounts for information and found the contact list. After checking the others, I discovered entire page full of 2d and 3d party sharing.
Wrong. The practice is perfectly legal and it is not fraudulent. The purchaser of a service is responsible for reading and accepting the terms of an agreement before completing the purchase. This option is clearly marked on the website and so happens to be a opt out option rather than an opt in option. Basically there are three options which are:

1. Read the sites' information more closely before agreeing to a transactions
2. Stop using the site and if it means stop making campground reservations then that is an option as well
3. File a complaint with the folks using Reserve America for reservations and request that this become an opt in rather than opt out. Depending on their contract terms with Reserve America maybe the option will change but then again maybe it won't

Just because a site user does not read all aspects of the agreement they are entering into doesn't mean the site is a scam or fraudulent.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum