Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 02:54 AM   #24
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Dianna View Post
A little confused because when i use shore power the battery disconnect is on and I'm not able to shut it off. When not using shore power i can turn it on and off.
What I dont understand is how does the chassis battery die while it is on shore power.
All of the batteries are dead and all died while it was on shore power. I can't even turn on the inverter.
We haven't even used the coach yet it has been sitting in the driveway. We sterted moving stuff in it and when I checked the inverter for the charge on the batteries it was down to 11 so thats why I plugged it in to charge the batteries up. Instead I drained them all.
On the House Batteries, did you check fluid level in them? I know it’s a new rig but I wouldn’t take for granted that those batteries were properly maintained. Check to make sure the electrolyte is full to the proper level in each cell. If not, add distilled water to each cell. Without this those house batteries will be worthless.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum