Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #25
Coveman2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
This is a common problem many of us have had. The batteries are mostly out of date before the coach is delivered and in my case out of warranty but Thor did come through with a payment through my dealer who was great to deal with.
The units sit on the dealer lot with lights being left on or just not maintained by plugging them in. I would recommend to anyone buying a new unit to have the dealer do a load test on all of the batteries if possible and replace any that will not hold a charge.
I did not know the batteries were toast until the next spring when I reinstalled them, even though I had been charging them all winter indoors. I battery load tester is not a bad thing to invest in. pretty cheap at Princess Auto in Canada or Harbour Frieght in the States.
BTW I left the batteries in the RV all winter and plugged into shore power for three days a month and they all tested fully charged a day ago
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum