Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
Dreinig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #18561
Post Main battery disconnect not working?

Hello. I am a new RV owner. I picked up my 2018 Four Winds 28Z on 3/21. During the brief demo (due to coronavirus was hard to really go though in tight quarters) the tech had to replace the house battery due to no power. Brand new battery installed. We drove to the campsite we rented, I turned off the main battery (by entrance steps). A week later we went to check on the RV and load some stuff. Now we started the engine and we had lights etc. We left after 2 hours - and we were not plugged into shore. Yesterday I went to the RV and had no 12v power. The campsite had moved our RV into its spot, but they only drove it and did not turn on inside lights etc. The red light was on the disconnect switch. Our switch is a simple button you push to turn on and off. I pushed the button and the light went off for about 10 seconds, then came back on. Do I need to actually disconnect the battery each time I leave the RV or is it that the disconnect switch just isn’t working. Being the battery was dead when I picked it up I know it wasn’t just an old battery issue. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum