Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #7
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Definitely sway bars are for rock'n roll, that is their job. I've even gone to a 19.5 tire/wheel combination to further reduce that motion. Panhard/Trac bar for tail wag and many RVs recently don't have one from the factory. Our current coach is the first one we've had without a trac bar and adding one made a huge difference in handling, though rock'n roll wouldn't be how I described the motion experienced.

My notable experiences with return to center stabilizers is that "center" changes with road type or direction of wind. I suggest getting it centered for the road type most often traveled (freeway or crowned secondarys) or try to find an in-cab adjustable bracket setup.

Each RV and driver have different characteristics they are sensitive to and interpret those motions differently. That is why I questioned what influenced the fix choices. For example: I travel mostly secondary roads and have tried return to center stabilizers and removed them in favor of just a better heavy duty stabilizer because I didn't like the seldom on-center forces induced. Though, If our travels were primarily freeway I might opt for a return to center device again.

I highly recommend getting a "good" alignment with increased caster if you've not already addressed this fundamental E-Chassis problem source. It's sort of surprising how much rocking motion is reduced when seesaw of the steering wheel is no longer needed to keep the RV between the lines. The good news is increased dampening in the steering linkage also reduces tendency for seesaw and bigger sway bars reduce rocking too.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.