Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
it does sound like a 'loose' neutral, but it's hard to really make that determination since you said that you basically looked at all the wiring/connections, etc... but, I'll say that if this same type of 'loose' connection is at or within the INVERTER, if you have one, it could provide these symptoms... but, also, I'm not sure 'why' it would seem to happen at only the certain timeframe you have given, unless there are other things in play at that time that you haven't told us, and may not even know about. The water heater, electric wise, comes on and off as needed, on it's own, but it is also not run thru any inverter, nor are air conditioners or any type of 'high amperage' draw or similar heat-based device or appliance.
Most any whole-house RV Inverter, installed from the factory, will not only provide 120v output to OUTLETS within the RV, but will also be a part of a 'SUB PANEL', separate from the Main Panel, ALTHOUGH possibly integrated within that same Main Panel, like mine is. I suspect that all your 'flickering' sounds like items that are with the INVERTER wiring scheme, if lights and fans and 12v items in your coach are not doing the same.
The FRIDGE would be run thru an Inverter, if it is a residential 120v type, which I would assume is. If 'flickering' of power is taking place, it would certainly also make sense that it could throw the fridge's electronics into a state of 'reset', or even to turn itself 'off' to protect itself.
Since the microwave is a 'plug in' 120v device/appliance, and most likely ALSO run thru a whole house Inverter, it would also 'flicker', or otherwise continually 'reset', which would also be an indicator that these are some of the 'INVERTER'-based items.

Let us know what you find out. We may not be right, but most of us who respond have a lot of experience in the 'electrical' things revolving around RVs, although RVs are different, sometimes even within the same Brand, but most have similar types of power schemes and devices and how they are 'wired' to perform.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum