Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Another Shelby lesser known: "The Sunbeam Tiger is a high-performance V8 version of the British Rootes Group's Sunbeam Alpine roadster, designed in part by American car designer and racing driver Carroll Shelby and produced from 1964 until 1967." (re: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbeam_Tiger). Lest we forget the AC Cobra.

My Dad had a 62 Healy Sprite with a 283 and a Muncie. A lot of front end work to carry the weight. It was quick. At the same time, his friend had a 66 Nova (Chevy II) with a factory supplied 396 and a rock crusher. I was 10. It was the fastest thing I'd ever been in up to that time. My first car was a 71 Plymouth Road Runner with a 383 magnum,4spd, tunnel ram and two fours, block was decked 5k and heads 5k, forged pistons and 12.5:1 compression. Dana 60 and ladder bars. She could jump a Coke bottle and often did on cruise night. Only car that could beat her was a 71 429 Boss Mustang and then only by a fender.

Ahh those were the days. Took everything you had to get into the 10's. Now you can 700+ hp from the factory.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.