Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I owned a 2018 Outlaw 29H. You are getting about the same deal I got in August 2018 when I purchased it so I think you are getting a good price.

My unit was very similar. The garage was a little larger than the J model but the J has more living space.

My Outlaw was also my first motorhome as well. You want to go over EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING to learn how it works and to make sure it works! Go online and print out a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) checklist. It will help you prepare. Here is one you can use but there are many others out on the net.....

http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/PDC_AB.pdf

The first thing is be prepared for problems and some quality issues. It is just the facts of life in the RV industry. Your goal is to identify as many as possible during the PDI and don't sign the papers until the dealer corrects everything to your satisfaction.

Once you get it home and use it you will find more issues so start creating a Warranty Punch List and document each issue in detail. When you get a long enough list, you can make an appointment to have them addressed. Be prepared that it could be several weeks until the dealer can get you into the schedule... that is why you want them to fix everything you find before you sign the paperwork.

Don't let them rush you through the PDI. Tell them you are planning on 4 hours to go over everything to learn how it works and to make sure everything works.

You will want to have them hook up city water and run the water everywhere and look for leaks. Then have them disconnect the city water and try your fresh water tank out to make sure the pump is working with adequate pressure and make sure there is no leaks. Also make them test the San-T-Flush port to flush the black tank. They had issues with Vacuum Breakers leaking a couple years back and flooding the inside of the coach.

Make sure to test the hot water. The tankless water tank is great but you need at least 40-50 PSI and you should only use it with the hot water on and no cold water. You can adjust the exact temperature on the control panel.

Run all of the AC appliances on shore power and then start the generator and try all of the appliances again while on generator prior.

Make sure the fridge gets cool on both electric and on propane. Make sure the furnace blows hot air. Make sure the range burners light. Run the air conditioners too.

Test the backup camera and turn signal cameras. Test all the TV's with the HD antenna on and make sure it picks up some over the air channels. Make sure the drop down bunk works in the garage.

Make sure you try the levelers and they level the coach properly. Look for hydraulic leaks under the coach near the jacks and the pump.

Make sure to try the slide several times to make sure it goes in and out smoothly with no binding. Make sure the awning extends and retracts properly. Test the Inverter as well.

I could go on and on and on...... but you will get the idea when you read the PDI Checklist I included for you.

If you end up not be happy with your dealer's knowledge and / or service, use the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa, IN to have them do all of your warranty work. You can call or email customer service at Thor, give them your Warranty Punch List and then get it on their schedule before the warranty expires. They do outstanding work there and will fix things better than most dealers and better than Thor manufacturing. It can take several weeks or months to get on their schedule but it is worth it. They even have hooks there so you can spend the night while they do the work.

Bottom line is don't let the dealer rush you and don't sign the paperwork until the PDI is complete and you are satisfied they fixed everything you find that is not working or a problem... not matter how small. It is a buyers market now so you should not be afraid to walk away if you are not satisfied. They will not want to lose a sale so they should bend over backwards if you start walking if the PDI does not go smoothly and they address any concerns on the spot.

Welcome and good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.