Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #16
MTcamper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Montana
THOR #17100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I was up at the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa last November and they offered to install the Theater Seats versus taking it to the dealer (the dealer still supplied the seats).

They said it was tight getting the sofa out. They thought they were going to need to remove the window at the Dinette and take it out that way but they were able to get it through the door.

They said they remove those windows and reinstall them often to get things in and out of the coach easier.

They did need to take the furnace vents from the sofa and install them in the center console of the Theater Seats. That didn't seem to be to much of an issue and they were able to run the existing duct work over to the center console and connect it to the vents.

The Theater Seats are more comfortable than the sofa.... but not as comfortable as the RecPro Charles recliners I installed in our last coach. The Theater seats have foot rests but they don't recline unfortunately.

One of my next projects is going to be install a typical TV wall mount that extends and swivels for the 40" TV in the cab-over bunk. I want to swing the TV away from the wall using the current mount and then be able to move the TV over the steps to make it easier to watch when sitting in the Theater seats.

I installed a swivel wall mount for the bedroom TV to make it easier for my wife to see it when we are lying in bed. It works good but the down side is the TV sticks out a little further when walking past it and it does limit how far you can open the door to get to the storage shelves behind the TV.

The one good think with all this down time is I am knocking off one upgrade project after another.
Wow you are ambitious! My 1st project was to build a liquor cabinet in the cupboard above the entry door I am going to look into the RecPro Charles recliners-you are correct, the theatre seat upgrade in the SV34 isn't all that comfortable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum