Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #16
Dwain65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1052
Awesome! We picked up our 30.1 July 2014 and after the first quick 2 hour drive with the pups (2 Saints and 1 Bullmastiff) realized that the stairwell was not only a waste of space when underway but also a safety hazard. The thought of one of these guys 100-160 lbs losing their balance and falling down the stairs against the outside door was a chance we did not want to take. I built the same out of plywood except covered it with carpet similar to the carpet in the motorhome. Now the dogs compete with being first at laying on the platform! Thanks for sharing with others and happy travels with furry family

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
All, this post will combine a simple mod and an idea for those traveling with pets.

For our last road trip I designed a simple modification that added almost 6 sq feet of floor space and gave us a nice place out of the way place to put the dog bed.

I cut a piece of 22" X 34 1/2"out of 5/8" plywood, painted with some black textured spray paint and then, once we were buttoned down and ready to drive put it over the step well and then placed the dog bed there. Later, once we were ready to call it a night, set it up again and the old lab had her bed over the steps and out of the walk way.

It stores behind the couch when not in use.

Doc

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum