Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #18
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I accidentally stepped thru the bathroom skylight while putting an RV cover on last Dec. on my 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. I had to wait till close to the end of Jan. to get it. The hard part is getting the screws out of the roof side and cleaning all the chalk away. I got a spray can of solvent specifically for that which will not hurt the top membrane. The inside skylight is only held in by several screws. Use a hairdryer to help get the chalk soft and scrap off, use the rolls of inch wide heavy putty style material on the underside of the skylight that contacts the roof. Camping World has it, I forget what it's called. Also comes with screws. Install new screws thru the pre-drilled holes and tighten by hand so you don't crack the lip. Then, use self-leveling chalk to cover the screw heads and the seam around the skylight. If you take your time, you will be surprised how good of a job you can do! Many You Tube vids to watch as well to give you idea's and confidence!! Good Luck; Bob
Total Value RV is the BOMB!!!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.