Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: XG32 vs. 28SS
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greenhorn View Post
Restarting this thread with a useful title. Hoping to make a decision from someone more informed than I on the Thor Magnitude XG32 versus the Dynamax Isata 28SS w/ the explorer package.

New to the RV community.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you looking at the 4X4 option? Since you’re from Alaska I was curious how you plan on using the motorhome? Will you be going off-road, camping in sub-freezing temperatures, how will you store it in winter, etc.?

I personally like the smaller size and also the simpler floorplan of the 28SS a lot better, but I haven’t looked at these kinds of motorhomes closely because they are both too large for my needs. The Xplorer package sounds great, but like most things I’d do a lot of research to make sure it works for your needs. Devil is in the details. Features like solar may be great, but perhaps not as useful in Alaska. And are you able and willing to get on roof to clean panels? Those are details only you can answer.

In general (regardless of size) there are design features of the XG32 I would personally avoid, particularly if planning to drive it off road. Realistically, ground clearance and long rear overhang are so poor on both that I wouldn’t wonder too far from pavement, particularly with the larger XG32.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum