Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 12:46 PM   #14
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Whire View Post
If you were building a new house with attached garage for your RV and wanted to make your RV into a guest room for 24/7 use in the winter months what things would you add to your house? How about changes you'd make to your RV?

I know this could go in a million directions but had a friend of mine not suggested it I'd never thought to add a dump station. We are fairly new RV'ers breaking ground soon and I thought I could ask this group for specific idea's or accommodating products. My wife and I are the general contractors and most of our subs are family, we are only bound by county\state regulations. We're building in MN in the country (think cold, private septic\well\gas). We hate that we have to store our (2018 Vegas 24.1), every winter unused and now have the opportunity to make it a permanent guest room during the cold months. the RV stall is walled off the main garage still attached to the house, all in floor heating. The plans so far include 30amp hookup, a direct water line and a cleanout for the black\grey tanks. Can you think of anything else that we can add or change that can help turn our RV into a guest house?
You pretty much have it covered. Do not run any gas appliances while it is parked in the garage. Don't build a service bay. It's just a storage space. I'm guessing you already know not to free flow the black tank right?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum