Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House Batteries
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #15
RVGeek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: chateau 23U
State: Florida
THOR #1241
Golf Cart batteries may not work

If you 23 U is like mine, the golf cart batteries will be too tall. They are a much better solution (I prefer the flooded cell due to price.) but you're likely to be stuck with paralleled deep cycle Group 27s. These are readily available at Walmart for about $85 each and replace them every 2-3 years.

Also, your store switch should be in the use position for the converter to charge the house batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGallagher View Post
Hi,
I'm hoping that you all can point me in the right direction to help solve my problem.
RV is 2017 Thor Chateau 23u with 2 house batteries under the steps.
They are 2 12V and I believe group 27 size.

We purchased in January with very low mileage (2730) so clearly it sat mostly unused. We have put over 4k miles on it since purchase.

With minimal use, (lights, water pump) batteries run down overnight with barely enough charge left to start the generator in the morning.
I have plugged in MH during the day to charge up batteries, unplugged at night, set use/store switch to store.
In the morning, I set use/switch to use and batteries are nearly dead. Only one led lights up on the panel.
Is something draining the batteries or are they bad?

Thank you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum