Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #32
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by brican View Post
Propane-got to have it. Get the AC/DC/Propane or AC/Propane Frig. When in 'Automatic' mode, you will never know it switched. I love my 3 way frig. Set it and forget it. Are you going to run your 188HP (or more) engine to charge the battery? That does not make any sense. I never use my generator except once a month to test it and never on my battery because we have propane.

Keep in mind many motorhomes are already converting to “residential” refrigerators for other reasons even though they have propane systems onboard. And manufacturers are adapting by creating new RV-size smaller compressor refrigerators that run on 115 VAC or 12 VDC.

Many buyers prefer electric over propane refrigerators for the same reasons we no longer have propane or natural gas refrigerators in houses. In an RV the advantages are essentially the same, we just need to figure out how to supply electric power to the fridge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum