Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
DougInOr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Oregon
THOR #18620
Dead Batts - How Best to Recover?

Ok, so I, as with many others here, just went out to start the RV after being connected to 20A shore power all winter (I'm kinda new at this) and found that not only could I not get even dash light indicators to turn on, but also the inverter wouldn't turn on either. I have a Thor Hurricane 29M 2018 (30A).

I've tried the STORE/USE switch (which is a single press spring loaded switch) a few times, but the relay doesn't seem to be triggering. Also, when I unplug the shore power I have no power what so ever. Voltage test on the coach batteries show about a 1.43V reading. Yesterday I tried to tinker with plugging in and unplugging and I thought I had a 13.9-ish Volt reading so left it at that over night and now it's showing the 1.43.

I've checked the 50A and 100A circuit breakers in the coach battery compartment and they aren't tripped. Ditto with the 15A fuse that is likely the converter fuse in the coach batt compartment as well. I've also checked the coach fuse box and all fuses look good and the breakers aren't tripped. The GFCI in the coach is also good to go.

Ok, so dead batteries... yay. What's the best way to recover from this? Should I get a battery charger from Lowes or Home Depot and throw that on the coach batteries? Should I disconnect them first? Is it OK to charge them while they're in series?

Secondly, while checking the fuse/breaker panel I noticed the CO2 sensor is green lit, but flashing red. I'm thinking maybe because of the red it was triggered and maybe drained the batteries? Don't know, but if you do, please let me know.

Thanks for your help all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum