Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 02:46 AM   #39
plastrd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
THOR #17874
I've been bitten by this nonsense twice in the three months I've owned the RV. That isolation relay makes the same damn "kerchunk" sound whether you're turning it on or off so this looks like a great fix. Last time the house battery was so dead I couldn't even trigger the isolation relay without a portable jumper pack on it.

Just to clarify using this picture of the wiring I found elsewhere, you removed the red wire from the +VCC terminal (second one from the top) and extended it to the battery-side of the isolation relay so it's always wired directly to the battery?
As a result there's now nothing connected to the +VCC terminal so the fuse block only gets power via the black cable connected to the POS terminal at the bottom from the house-side of the isolation relay and none of the 12V circuits work unless the relay is engaged?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC-and-DC-distribution-800x451.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	23393  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.