Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Had this happen several times in my 2015 Vegas. Don't know which water pump you have, but in my case it's the check valve that is internal to the pump. It's a simple thing to remediate (not interested in spending money on a new pump if I can correct the problem easily).

For what ever reason (probably city water pressure) the water pressure is forcing the check valve in the pump to open slightly allowing water to flow from city water lines, through the pump, and then back filling the fresh water tank.

What I do is turn off the city water and run the pump for about a minute using the faucet in the kitchen sink. Turn the water off, turn the pump off, and then reopen the city water. I then use the low point drain to drain the water from the fresh water tank.

This isn't a permanent fix, but I've only had the tank fill and overflow 3 times in the past 5 years of using the RV.
Low point drain will not drain the FW tank. The FW tank has it's own drain. Low point drains drain the piping system hence the name. They are are 1 hot and 1 cold.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum