Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I just went through this last week with our 2020 Magnitude SV34 when I was getting ready to leave on a trip.

I noticed the door was not closing properly. When I took a closer look I could see it felt loose. Sure enough the screws on the bottom hinge were all loose and so were the ones on the middle hinge. I was going to grab my LocTite but found 4 of the 6 screws were in those two hinges were stripped!!!!

You will want to make sure they will all tighten properly and are not stripped like mine were.

I can imagine the gorillas working in the Thor plant were using screw guns with the torque set too high for the thickness of the door metal.

When I took the screws out I could not believe how small of a diameter and how short they were for a door that is opened and closed thousands of times.

I am waiting to get get rescheduled for a Warranty Appointment with the dealer and wanted them to get it fixed right but I had to install larger stainless steel screws myself in two of the three hinges. There wass no way I would have wanted to be driving around and on the road with only one hinge being solid. It is very solid now so I want to see if the new screws work loose on this trip.

I also noticed my door is not closing and sealing in the lower left corner. I am not sure if it is because the door has been somewhat loose to begin with since the screws were stripped but I am going to have the dealer correct that as well.

The gorillas at the plant likely also over-used a screw gun on the outdoor kitchen hatch. One of the mounts for the gas shock is pulling out and folded over on my last trip.

I have found several instanced on my last two coaches were guys didn't know how to properly use a screw gun for the job at hand and ended up over-tightening the screw / bolt, which leads to excessive wear and / or stripping the hole they created.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum