Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:01 AM   #10
weatherbear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #17308
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick104 View Post
Well, It finally happened. I had to replace the engine battery by removing the work station desk from the passenger side dash board. No fast simple chore. Took almost 6 hours to finishing the job. I started by cutting the plywood cut-out to get the old battery out after the work station was removed. It was difficult to fix the plywood piece back into the dash when the new battery was installed. I installed a maintenance free AGM group 65, 750 cold cranking amps battery so I would no longer have to add distilled water to that battery. That was another poor design flaw. I would like to shoot the guy that designed the engine compartment so you could not replace the battery from the front of the engine. I wonder if removing the right front tire and going through the wheel well would be easier. Good luck when your day comes to replace that battery. Happy camping.
I actually trashed the plywood cutout and replaced it with one of those insulated vent covers. It was a perfect fit and held it in place with a staple gun. Bit of a noise dampener and heat insulator from the engine compartment as well. ��

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum