Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #8
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachoir@me.com View Post
I have a 2019 Freedom Elite with the 4 inch bumper. I installed a bolt on spare tire carrier. Works fine.

When I had my 2017 Freedom Elite and wanted to carry a spare I contacted Thor to see what my options were. I knew that there was a factory option for a rear wall mounted carrier and specifically wanted to know if the wall structure was there for me to bolt on to. They said that it was not. So I asked about doing the very thing you suggest and I was told - very emphatically - not to do that because the bumper was not designed to support the added weight and eventually would fail. They said the only approved methods for carrying a spare are in one of the compartments or with a hitch mounted device. I believe them. Please check your welds often. Personally I’d hate to have the bumper and spare fail and fall into interstate traffic!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.