Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 06:07 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
For those of us who are not into woodworking, I used TV trays also because it made it easier to build. I removed the folding legs from two tables I had that were not being used, and repurposed the tops.

Since I was installing new pedestal legs and bases, I placed them much closer together than normal. The goal was to move pedestals away from center of table so they didn’t interfere as much with sitting. This required tables to cantilever but since they are small and we are easy on equipment, they’ve held up well for over a decade now.

I also installed the table base off-center so I can install one or both tables either close to me, or further away, depending on what I’m using them for. The difference in reach is 4 inches now. Initially the difference was a bit more, but I no longer use them for typing on a laptop, so I moved them a little.

The two tables are mirror image of each other so they can be rotated 180 degrees as needed. When using a single table, we often spin it 90 degrees so table ends up more over the couch, which leaves the aisle more open while making it easier to get up. In limited space of a narrow van that’s important.

Anyway, not pretty but very functional and 100% trouble free over the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D9880C40-0F1E-4076-86F5-64759660AD2C.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	23446   Click image for larger version

Name:	85906F58-E159-4050-8639-750886015E63.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	23447  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.