Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:04 AM   #115
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke D View Post
Not surprising Chance. My friend Robert and wife Deb purchased Thor 30.2, 2020 with the new Ford 7.3 and trans. After 1433 miles he is getting at best 7.4 mpg. I told him maybe it will get better. He insisted he never drove over 67 mph. Again I reminded him give it time. He’s not towing a car an only him and Deb are traveling. Now with the stay at home he’ll have to wait as the rest of us.
My 2015 Thor ACE 30.1 has 43000 on it. V10 5 sos. I never get under 9.5 mpg. I’m not towing either. So who knows.
Hope all is well and safe With you and family.

I’m a little bit of a skeptic myself, and I’d have to question your friend’s claim. Thor specs show the 2020 Ace 30.2 as having the old 6.8L V10, not the new V8.

I’ve been looking at motorhome ads with the new 7.3L V8 and have seen a few Model Year 2021 listings but none in stock yet. I’m sure they are close though.

Anyway, without physical confirmation that it’s a 2021 Ford F-53 chassis with new 7.3L V8, I’d assume it’s an old V10.

P.S. — In large Class A motorhomes I expect the new V8 to be a little more fuel efficient than the outgoing V10. I could be wrong though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum