Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #119
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I could not find any new objective information there worth reading. What I could find was based on TheFastLaneTruck guys’ short test, and it compared to Chevy 6.6L V8, both in pickup trucks, and on different days when wind was different. From that forum members started comparing to V10.

It’s natural and expected that present owners of V10 will be more critical of new V8 in order to make their engine seem better by comparison. I’m on my second V10, and it has over 200,000 miles, but I welcome new things when they are actually better. I like my V10 just fine, but think it’s possible (probable) the new V8 can be much better. Or not. I just want to see objective data under controlled conditions.

If you have a link to discussion of motorhomes with new Ford 7.3L V8, please post; I’d like to read it. I may have missed the thread you are referring to.

I concur Chance, The IRV2 doesn't really give us much to go on. In truth I should be in the market by fall. If we ever get off this stay at home I plan on driving Robert's. I'm excited more about the new F53 chassis and new transmission. I really feel any mpg gain would be a welcomed but I don't expect it. The new V8 is a good thing for Ford. They own the Class A motorhome market. Not sure why GM and Mopar abandoned it. Most likely no product and no profit. You hit the nail on the head, people are Leary due to their success with the V-10. Time is the true test of reliability for most owners. Other than mpg I never hear bad things from owners on the V-10 . Ford knows their sh$!. In time I'm sure the new V8 will be the market favorite. I did like the look of the 22.5 tires on Robert and Deb's btw. Be safe and healthy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.