Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #11
toban

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suites
State: Manitoba
THOR #12662
Due to Covid-19 I'm stuck at home in Winnipeg and our 2017 Sprinter Siesta is stuck in storage in Goodyear AZ. Waiting for a trip to retrieve it.

I have several motorcycles, mostly BMW's and have used a couple of different trailers to tow. I now have a 14 X 7 H&H enclosed V-nose that will pull well behind the Siesta. I also have a Kendon Folding Standup trailer that I've used a lot for long hauls. It stores well. The biggest load on that was my brother's GL1800 and my ST1300 out to Nevada and back behind a Volvo S80 V8 a few years ago.

Unless you want a small enclosed trailer check out the Kendon and you may find that there are some for sale. My brother and I both have them and we were able to find them used. Have probably hauled over 20,000 miles on mine without an issue.

Behind my newish Siesta I haul a tow dolly and an Audi A4 Cabriolet. I've pulled that combo through blizzards and over the passes on I70 without any problems so a small trailer with the GL1800 will work.

As to riding to the location, my issue is that often we are covering nearly 2000 miles from Winnipeg to the Phoenix area as quickly as we can on limited vacation time. My wife would prefer not do that drive while I ride and this way I save expensive rubber on my bikes t be put to better use on 89a to Jerome or the like!

No shame in towing.
toban is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum