Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #64
twovillagers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Agree on the Bilstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Personally, I like the Helwig front & rear anti-sways. They are the best mod you can do on a Vegas/Axis.
They were about $600 for the parts on Amazon + a fairly straightforward DIY install.

SUMO’s on the front are the least expensive mod, and is a simple install
Not sure if SUMO’s are needed on the rear if you have the anti-sways.

And, I didn’t go with the Saf-T-Plus, but opted for a $100 Bilstein Steering Damper that performs much better than the whimpy stock Ford damper.

I did add Airlift 1000 air bags inside the front coils which gives me an additional 1” lift in the front end which makes a noticeable improvement as well. That was $70 + DIY.

So, about $1,000 invested in parts + DIY.
Just installed the Bilstein 5100 steering damper replacing the Ford unit that had only 2200 miles on it. Cost of the Bilstein was $111. Installation was simple, and I already had all of the tools. And, you're right, the Ford unit is wimpy with so little resistance it does almost nothing!
The steering is definitely "tighter" with less wandering between the inside and outside of the lane. I feel I got my money's worth.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.