Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #8
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I read your post about rain water ingress through your furnace and am curious about a couple of things. I have the same issue with my coach. Louvers on the exterior cover are angled inward--and I believe too that the exhaust pipe is angled downward. I've had to put plastic sheeting over mine while it's in storage. But, I just got off the phone with Dometic (who acquired Atwood a short time ago). The guy I talked too said they don't provide the exterior cover--that it comes from Thor. Just wanted to confirm your experience with Atwood when you worked with them. I thought these furnaces came complete from the manufacturer--exterior cover and all. Of course, Thor had to paint and decal them to match the exterior. Sounds to me like the manufacturers are pointing fingers in each other's direction.

Thanks for your help

Sorry, I just now saw your post. I called Thor Customer service and they supplied me with a kit to replace the old one. Painted to match but does not have the decals. New cover has no louvers but it does seem to work.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.