Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 02:56 AM   #1
plastrd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
THOR #17874
Shore power cord management

The shore power cord compartment on my Freedom Elite 24HE looks like the attached when packed up and it irritates me. The slide controller is screwed to the back wall of that compartment and I just know my shore power cord is going to knock something loose one of these times while I'm cramming the cable in. The generator ATS is on the left wall taking up quite a bit of space too.
For reasons that escape me they put the door on upside down compared to the generator and propane access panels next to it so you pretty much have to run the power cord through the floor grommet rather than just leave the door cracked if you don't want it wide open. It's another literal hoop to jump through as the cord will just get stuck in the floor grommet while uncoiling. I have to pull it all out through the door, uncoil, then feed it back in and down through the grommet before heading to the pedestal.

Anyhow, has anyone come up with a cord reel or something more elegant for storing the shore power cord that would fit in the tiny space there?
If I can't find a reel I'm thinking of installing a socket like I've seen on other RVs where the cord plugs into the side of the RV instead of being permanently attached like this one. I'd probably just install the socket on the door itself and keep the cord in one of the regular storage compartments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_164547.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	23597  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.