Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Power issue
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #15
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerne RV View Post
Third was the isolation solenoid under the hood was also wired backwards
Not to highjack the OP's thread but.....

I assume you are talking about the BIM160 (or BIM225) Battery Isolation Manager.

I was having issues with the BIM160 on my 2020 Magnitude. The alternator was not charging the house batteries properly when driving and the Inverter was on for the fridge.

I called Precision Circuits Tech Support and they offered to send me a replacement after some troubleshooting. As I did more research, I found other MH manufacturers wired the BIM differently than Thor.

There is a BATT-A post and a BATT-B post. Thor wired the chassis battery to BATT-B and the house batteries to BATT-A. According to Precision Circuits it does not matter which batteries are attached to either post.

However, I found that other MH manufacturers wired the chassis battery to the BATT-A post and the house batteries to the BATT-B post. I also noticed the IGN post was nearest to the BATT-A post. I don't have schematics for the BIM circuit board but I surmised there could be a link between the IGN post and the BATT-A post.

I decided to swap the battery cables and when I had the chassis battery on BATT-A and the house batteries on BATT-B, the BIM 160 started working as I expected. I am fairly convinced it does matter how it is wired and some of the BIM issues reported on this forum may be due to having the battery cables being reversed on the BIM.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum