Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 02:52 PM   #9
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I think that you'll find that most any RV has a similar 'irritation' factor when dealing with the shore cord, especially 50amp hard-to-handle heavy shore cords, like mine...

but, just so you can put your 'aggravation' into perspective:

- you have a door that opens down, easy, and always out of your way.... I don't.
- you have a 'pass thru' in the bottom of your compartment, for your cord.... I don't.
- you have a specific 'place' to store your shore cord... I don't.
- you don't have to bring your whole shore cord out, handle it's heavy weight and bulk, and attach it to the side of your RV... I do.
- your shore cord is hard-wired on the RV end, so you only have to handle one end - I have to handle both.
- FUN... no matter which way you look at it : )

If your desires come true, wanting a 'sidewall' attachment point, and another place to have to 'store' you shore cord, you'll be like most all the other RVrs who COMPLAIN that they wished they had a compartment JUST for the shore cord, and DIDN'T have to handle the whole cord EVERYTIME they want to plug in!

We all have things to aggravate us, but it's only trading one aggravation for another if you change it.
I agree with TurnerFam. We had a 24F with the same set-up as yours. Having that door open down keeps it out of your way. You do have to pull it all out to run it through the hole, but that also makes it less of an invitation to thieves as it is hard-wired. Our current rig has a heavy 50 amp cord without a dedicated storage area, and it hooks to the exterior. If we were parked side by side and a thief walked by, guess who is gonna lose his power cord. Everything seems to be a trade-off, but TurnerFam highlights some real positives for your situation.

Look for the positives and have fun. People here who dwell on the negatives are easy to pick out...always complaining about something.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum