Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #19
Trae urban

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor challenger
State: Texas
THOR #17618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
While I am waiting to get a Warranty Visit rescheduled with my dealer, I have had another intermittent issue arise to add to my Punch List that I thought I would run by the Forum to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and how it was resolved.

I have a 2020 Thor Magnitude with FireFly System. I have had a couple issues occur in the past few weeks with the Air Conditioner Control System.

One two occasions in the past few weeks when the thermostat was calling for both air conditioning units to turn on, the fans were running but not the compressors. The FireFly Panel had the icon for the fans running but not the icon indicating the air conditioners were cooling. This was verified by warm air blowing out of the units.

When I shut down the 12V power to the coach to reboot the system, the air conditioners started working normally again with both the fan and cooling icons present on the display and cold air blowing out of the units.

Then last night I had a similar problem but in reverse. This time when the air conditioners were set to run, the compressors turned on when the thermostat called for cooling but the fans did not. The FireFly Panel showed the cooling icons but not the fan icons.

The G7 Panel Outputs page also confirmed compressors were running but not the fans. I have taken several pictures of the panel to show the icons and status to show my dealer what was going on when I take it.

Let me know if anyone has seen this problem with their FireFly system. I did send FireFly an e-mail to see if they have any ideas while I am waiting to reschedule my dealer appointment.

I have actually knocked a few items off my Warranty Punch List with some downtime and waiting to reschedule my appointment but I don't think this is one I am going to be able to solve on my own but I thought I would see if anyone else has seen this one.
Well I have a 2019 Thor challenger with this system, I have had these problems. Not often but yes mostly when turning on, usually clears up when power cycled , don’t know why it does this hope you get an answer I would like to know also.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.