Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #24
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
I have a Norcold N611RT. Been kinda hot here in Tucson the last few days getting over 100. Fridge is running on electric and was working fine on #3 until recent. I noticed a jump in the temp from 40 to 50. It coincided with the change in temps so I bumped it up to #4 and achieved 45. I pushed it to #5 about 30min. ago and still sitting at 45. Is it the heat or is the fridge on its way out? Produce keeps very well at 40, lasting a surprisingly long time. It usually spoils otherwise.

Is there any reason I shouldn't be running it maxed out in this heat? Will I damage it? Is there anything I can keep an eye on?

TIA
I have a Norcold N611F in a 2018 Windsport 29m. and I have made several mods to mine. We live in NC so we get rather cold here. The first thing I did was install a cold weather kit. It's a heat wrap that is wrapped around the lower part of the tubing at the bottom to help the mixture not to freeze. Seems to work great. The second thing I did was to install a 12v fan from Auto Zone. The kind that you put on the dash of a truck. It's probably 8" in diameter with a grill and I located it on the top level on the outside behind the vent facing out. Screwed it to a short piece of 2 x 4 and glued that to the base. There was already a small computer fan blowing up but not much air got circulated. I cut the wire in front of the slow/fast switch, spliced some double strand wire and ran it into the kitchen cabinet and behind the sofa then mounted the slow/fast switch next to the drivers seat. When I want to power it up, I plug the fan power jack into the 12v socket at the console and it provides a lot more air flow to cool the back fins. The 3rd and best thing was to put a 12v fan inside the fridge that attaches to the fins. It has an on/off switch and a LED light if you need one that also has a switch. Does a great job circulating the cold air to keep all parts inside the same temp. Don't forget, the thermistor that clips to the fins is another way to adjust the temp inside too. Good luck with all these upgrades. My fridge stays between 38 and 40 degrees and the freezer is ZERO on the highest setting so I'm hardly maxed out, got 4 more levels for colder temp setting's but again, I'm in NC---LOL!!!! Bob Trice

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum