Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 10:02 PM   #69
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Wow Rysiek, your catching up with me!

I have two and 3 layers under my hood on the firewall + dash + all the other areas you mention.

I think the underside of the dash (assessed from under your hood) I have 3 layers total. One helped a lot, 2 was a little better but the 3 layer its hard to say. I would not add anymore after 3. I started out with the asphalt type first then two layers of the 3/4 inch foam Fatmat for 3 layers total.

I just purchased more Dynamat.... Im always finding new spots to insulate and make it quieter / cooler (or warmer) inside.

I did the underside + walls of my step well - helped a lot with heat (and cold in the winter) + some sound. I added some to the bottom of the screen door and outside door - took most of the rattle out and sounds more solid when closing the doors.

I added some to the floors of each compartment in each room as well (under cabinets + drawers etc. Under the shower + toilet as well (though the access holes and heat vent hole).

Now I hear wind noise (might be from the mirrors too) while driving that never could hear before.

Its not real bad but Im trying to figure out how to deflect some of the wind way from the windows to see if it helps.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum