Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 04:01 AM   #12
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Buy a pair of male and female 30 amp twist lock plugs. Cut the cord about 3' from the RV. Install the plugs. Male plug on the RV side. Now when you get to camp. You get the cord out and run it to the ped, poke the 3' end out of the bottom and plug them together.
That would certainly make it easier. If I had my choice, I wish there was 50 amp female receptacle off the transfer switch inside my electrical compartment bay. When I want shore power, I just pull the entire cord out and plug into pedestal and unroll to go through bottom of electrical compartment floor and plug it directly to receptacle. I could then lock door. Now I would need 50 amp male plugs on both sides of main shore power cord, or a small adapter with 2 50 amp male plugs to use with typical standard 50 amp power cord.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.