Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #22
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
You must be from from East Texas if 25mph winds stop you.
West Texas or the panhandle of Texas along with most of the plains states 25mph is a light breeze, especially spring time.

I live in Dallas area. Owned an RV 7 months now and until today, I have never seen or encountered 25 MPH winds ANYWHERE in my RV. Yes it would stop me because during a trip from Florida the wind freaked me out and it could not have been more than 15 - 20 mph? I am boater, and I never take my boat out when it is white capping on the lake and that starts at about 12-15 mph. FWIW, I have driven to Midland, TX several times in my SUV with a U haul in tow. My son lives there. Winds (short tornados / hurricanes) don't spook me in the SUV; but I know well about high winds in West Texas that tend to push me simply because of the U haul. Simple Physics say it is NOT a good thing to be in the same with 30 ft RV with winds twice what I view as normal. I have seen many a truck toppled on side of road due to wind gust going to Midland Big Spring etc. I am not a trucker and I don't like the wind yes I will avoid when I can.

Back to the fuel mileage, if that's of big concern as to getting 6 mpg or 8 mpg then you should probably not get into rving, whether driving or towing a RV fuel is going to be the biggest expense. So cool it down by whatever means it keeps you comfortable & go enjoy.
I am not sure why you are directing this to me, I never said anything about being concerned with gas mileage or my RV not being cool? In fact; I have been saying just the opposite. Please check the thread maybe you intended for someone else?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.