Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #322
Sugarshore

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Do your research and decide what works for you. I use and like plain old flooded batteries. Just because it’s old tech doesn’t mean it’s not good. Use a flow rite fill and adding water is a 3 minute job every other month. The batteries run about $90 apiece and can last 5 or more years. I usually replace them every 3 years when I find a good sale so they always are fresh. AGMs will cost twice as much and not last any longer. In my experience AGMs work great until they don’t while flooded generally will give you quite a bit of warning that they are done by just not holding their charge as long as they used to. Lithium is a better technology but at the moment can cost up to 10 times as much, may require a new converter/charging system and has a (small) risk of fire. Each type has its proponents.
Because we don’t travel often (2018 24.1), always go “full hook up”, and because my Battery Source doesn’t have AGM 27s (thinking I read that 27 is the correct size), I may stay with the Roadhawks CW installed recently. Will focus on possible converter issue as I think that power is coming in though not being converted. Also, “use” switch makes no noise or bump when switched so could be a switch item. Noted Pete’s post about small inverter for fridge. Hmmm. Hope I’ve gotten my terminology fairly understandable. Going to ”the shop” on Wednesday. Wishing you well, Bob.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum