Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #10
Thorfreedom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom elite 30fe
State: South Carolina
THOR #14612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfreedom View Post
We also have same coach as yours but its 2017. Golf cart batteries are almost 65lbs each. when we bought coach it came with only one size 27 battery. your are right about the weight. its big concern for class c rv specially with 32 feet length and two big slides. This is my favorite floor plan because we have kids. I did good amount of upgrades. like
2ND AC
2000 WATT PURE SINE INVERTER
GOLF CART BATTERIES
BIGFOOT LEVELING SYSTEM ( TWO WEEKS BEFORE)

These updates added weight. I am right on edge myself. Our coach had only 2000 lbs to spare before upgrades. I added half tank of water, full tank of gas, full propane tank, Me and my wife, some every day stuff like groceries and took to scale. I was at 13900 total. But still have my kids weight to add. luckily they are little. Around 200 lbs total. But there will we few more things to add that will bring me to 14500. luckily i have flat tow behind. so no weight there. it will be minimum. we can store some stuff in car. i want to do solar next but not sure about weight.
Happy camping.
I wanted to ask you if you upgraded suspension like sway bars , springs or steering stabilizer, spare wheel. if you did, did it helped and how much more weight you think it will add more.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.