Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #19
Buzz102

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: New Jersey
THOR #3292
Thanks all for the replies. Obviously something very odd going on with these Seiki TVs that Thor is installing. I hope they read this forum and I think I'll write them an email or letter. You buy a brand new RV and you expect things to work or to be told how to get them to work, not left with a mystery.

We are in Navarre, FL and I want to pass along a recommendation for the local RV "Doc" who helped us get the system working with that little RCA digital converter I bought at Walmart. John Parker of Gulf Coast RV service is a gem. 850-791-4660. He called SEIKI and Thor and confirmed that the TVs don't have QAM Tuner/converter. Therefore, we could only get the first 17 cable channels. He asked why QAM wasn't included and the answer was pricing. !!!! Crazy. After John installed the converter - which we tried but were unable to do for some reason - I'm getting lots of channels but have to use the converter remote to change channels.

I'd have to purchase 2 additional converters and install for the other TVs so I'm still thinking about the Dish TV but at least we have one good set for our stay here in Navarre.

He also helped to get a fuse problem that affected the awning straightened out, installed the awning shade (which I'd have needed to find a ladder to do myself) and fixed a little bedroom shade that had come out. Also put my TV roof antenna back together which had fallen out when I turned it from the inside.

I'm so glad we found him to solve the problem. Was here for 2 hours and charged me only $95 total.

Thanks again for the generosity of all on this forum and this opportunity to pass along advice and information.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum