Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWay View Post
Thank you for the comments. I did read your write up on adding two additional batteries, which I would do.

Is your setup enough to power the fridge on a sunny day? Will it drain the four batteries if you leave the inverter on overnight?

Thanks again, this is very helpful.

I did have the Inverter on all night with the fridge on and the two original batteries and it didn't drain the batteries overnight. The fridge was cold and fairly full and it wasn't too hot out.

I also have a second small dorm room fridge in the outdoor kitchen on the Magnitude SV34 that is also on the Inverter. I recently had both fridges on overnight with the four batteries and had no issues draining the batteries.

If you start the fridge off cold and don't open it a lot, it shouldn't drain the batteries too much. That being said...... the Inverter also powers a couple TV's so you want to limit other battery usage accordingly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum