Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 02:43 AM   #16
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
The dealer has had our Vegas since 12 Nov. Had a few warranty issues repaired and a windshield stress crack they are also replacing under warranty. Had to wait for the windshield to be shipped.

Had to stop at the dealer's to get a few things out of the RV for our trip in the car up to my son's in MD before Christmas. When I dropped off the RV in Nov I put the house battery switch in STORE. When they worked on it they putvthe switch in USE and left it there. When I picked up what I needed I thought I'd check the house batteries just for "giggles. Sure enough -- deader than a road killed skunk.

The service rep said they must have left the switch in USE. The windshield is being replaced tomorrow. We won't be back until 23 Dec. The service rep said they would ensure the batteries are charged when I pick it up on the 23rd.

You really do have to run the generator or plug into shore power at least 1 time a month to keep the house batteries charged. There was no problem with the chassis battery. Engine started right up. We rsn yhe engine about 10 minuted and it provided enough charge to the house batteries for the detectors to activate but not enough to start the generator.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum