Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
smacdermott

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Connecticut
THOR #18774
HELP - Truck battery keeps dying!

ok - I have a BRAND NEW Thor 28A and drove it home from the dealership. Parked it in my driveway and tried to start it 3 days later, battery is dead. (on the Chevy truck, as well as the motorhome itself.)

Roadside assistance came out and jumped it. It was left running for 90 minutes. Turned it off and tried to start it again, it was dead. I managed to start it once with the "emergency start" switch, but then nothing. It's dead as a door nail again. He checked the battery and said it was fine (it's brand new.)

Any ideas? We are moving and I bought the RV to get my family away from the movers due to COVID and to drive across the country with my father who can't fly. Movers arrive today and I obviously can't risk going anywhere until this is fixed.

Any ideas would be welcome. By the way, I am new to RV'ing. Not super impressed so far....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum