Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
smacdermott

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Connecticut
THOR #18774
HI it's a Chateau year is 2020.

It is not plugged into shore power since it's at my house. I do hear the solenoid click when I hit the emergency switch, but it's not enough to start the truck battery.

Both the dealership and roadside assistance said the battery of the truck was good. I'm wondering if there is an electrical drain somewhere that is killing the truck battery....

The use switch is currently to off since I didn't want anything else draining. It was set to use before.

How do I find out if I have an inverter? Sorry for the dumb questions, but when we picked the RV up, the guy ran through the whole thing in about 10 minutes due to Covid-19 so we didn't get an orientation - been trying to figure this stuff out by reading manuals and watching YouTube videos.

Trying to figure out if I can plug into shore power at my house - I have a dogbone from 30amp to regular three prong plug - any issues doing that to at least get part of this thing charged up again?

Was also thinking maybe to replace the battery?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum