Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #6
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I have a 2019 Crosstrek Limited. My owner manual shows towing 4 down; however, right beneath the description of 4 down towing it has the following warning:

For CVT models, the traveling
speed must be limited to less
than 20 mph (32 km/h) and the
traveling distance to less than 31
miles (50 km). For greater speeds
and distances, transport your
vehicle on a flat-bed truck.

'd be real hesitant to tow any Subaru 4 down behind a motorhome. If there is a problem with the transmission I'd be concerned about having voided the warranty.
And that was probably in a section titled something similar to "Emergency Towing" and not in a section titled "Recreational Towing".

The whole CVT transmission issue took a lot of vehicles out of the flat towing realm. For years the Honda CRV was one of the most popular vehicles for flat towing, then they started using the CVT transmission.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum