Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #38
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Look on the under side of the control box which is inside a cabinet usually. I have the system and even with tech assistance, I have not been able to get to the area where I can purchase data. I am now using a verizon hot spot that works great for now.

Maybe this will help..........

The unit comes with a SIM card specifically designed for Winegard data plans. Winegard has their own data plans using the AT&T network but they are expensive.

If you want to use an AT&T data plan, you need to get an AT&T SIM from Amazon like this one first.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You do need to climb up on the roof, remove the SIM cover (2 small screws), remove the Winegard SIM and install the new AT&T SIM. After you install the new AT&T SIM card you will log into the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 Admin page and get the IMEI and ICCID numbers.

Then when you have the information, go to this website, enter the IMEI and ICCID information and pick your plan:

https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/ShowLogin.action

If you want to use Verizon, it is basically the same process. You need to purchase a Verizon SIM Card and install it and go through the same process with Verizon.

Here is what trips most people up. You cannot use the SIM that comes with the unit to access AT&T or Verizon Data Plans. It will only work with a Winegard Data Plan, which is typically more expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 6.06.05 PM.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	23701  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum