Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #18
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
That is probably true but I am just relating my experience. Could the older RV LP detectors have a 9v battery backup in the detector and run off 120 like my one I have in my house? And could the 9v battery have been bad on mine at the time? The GFP is above the sink area and is mounted in an external box between the sink and stove. It also controls the plug on the other side of the Stove. I am not original owner of RV and previous owners may have added the GFP.
'09 is not considered an older unit. GFI would have been factory. Detector would be 12 volt. Look at the date on the back of the detector. They do time out. Should be replaced every 7 years. You can learn alot about your RV from Google. Just ask.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum