Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 03:33 AM   #19
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ok, Last SAT I mounted the rim only to the front of my Axis so I know if it would fit or not.

The inside of the rim just barely scraps the outside (on the Front face near top edge) of the brake calper.

It spins freely but lightly scraped so im sure in the pinch it would "Self correct" itself by the time it scraped off the paint (only need like 2 MM of room at most).

But perhaps on a curvey road the rim will flex a little and scrap real bad? So I wont use on the front but I bet it would fit the rear just fine.

I figured on most vehicles the Front Brakes are larger than the Back brakes so I went ahead and mounted a matching tire on this new rim so I could get this job done.

Now this new Rim is replacing my NON matching tire that I had to get on the road the weekend before (had a blow out with no spare - not fun - 5 hours on a SUN night durning Covid 19 lockdown waiting for help and $450 price tag with Good Sams road side (they only paid like $150 for drivers miles to and from my location + did all of the leg work and payment etc).

So now my OEM Ford rim with the New Non matching tire is my spare and the new Aftermarket rim with matching tire is my new LR outside tire.

But the plastic tire valve holder (goes in one of the holes of the rim) will not fit.

The 4 round OEM holes Measure aprox 2 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches. These new rims measure 2 5/8 x 3 7/8. So I wil have to figure that out with some home made stiff wire holders. For now I duck taped in place.

Bottom line DO NOT PURCHASE THESE RIMS> Better off finding the OEM Ford rim on Ebay for like $88 (the new Ford rims were $225.00 each - what a rip off).

So now I purchased a 3 foot breaker bar (I have plenty of sockets and other tools) and I also purchased the Viar Air compressor for Class C RV's (on sale).

And I finally purhcased the EeZ RV TPMS so I know I have a leaker before I run another tire.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.