Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #22
thepawitts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #14094
Another hot water problem

Have a 2019 Thor Miramar with The 3rd generation hot water heater from Girard. Camped most of last year and went camping this past week and got hot water was working fine for the first three nights. Then stopped working. No codes, no fan or flame so no ignition. Power to the water heater and control box seem fine. Turn unit on and can set temp up or down but it does not change when a demand for hot water is sent. I tried the suggestions from the previous forum users such as water regulator and also using the water pump. There was 3/8” fill on propane so I thought gauge might be off. I went and filled tank with no change in water temp. The outside shower was checked and I have turned the power to unit a dozen times by turning off the water heater and the control panel but to no avail. I even tried the banging with hammer on the valves to lossen whatever cobwebs may be in there. Air inlet seems unclogged also. Other than calling Girard does anyone have any other ideas?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum