Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
GordSanClemente

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: California
THOR #17673
I ended up buying a few different vent covers but liked this one the best.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254355142384

It was available from a few vendors, but the ebay site is the only one that had black in stock.

I selected it for these reasons...
1. Low profile, looked the most "modern". Others just looked cheap.
2. Air flow - The opening is actually quite large without sticking out real far.
They do this by having a big hole that tapers over a wide area.

Also - The unit didn't come looking like this picture. It was clean and well protected. (the one in the picture looks like the stored it in a cement mixer)

I went with the biggest ventline hood.

I ran into one issue I hadn’t anticipated. Apparently when THOR dropped the hood in the 2019 ACE, they made the MicroWave cabinet bigger, (Lower). I then ended up with the hood being past the top edge of the range backsplash. This makes it so that the extension I crafted out sheet metal does not sit flatly against the wall. Still not sure what I want to do with that.
The wife wants me to tear out the backsplash. She thinks it is ugly. I can’t imagine what kind of screwy glue they may have used to attach and what kind of destruction it will cause to remove

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.