Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #32
RobertinLubec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS31
State: New York
THOR #14399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Im trying to put together a spare tire for my 2017 Axis. Well I read about every "spare tire" posting on this forum but when I go to purchase on Amazon I find a note that says "Does NOT Fit E350 E450 Box Truck/Cutaways" on the rim that looks correct for my application.

Will that work on my "Stripper Chassis Axis"? Am I overthinking this?

I did some other searches and I either find a OEM rims for $225.00 + or folks that are "out of stock" or it shows ealier years like 2003 - 2007 only?

Will "any" of these late model Ford E350 / E450 rims work on our RV's?

Why would they say "not for Cutaway's"?

I sourced a matching tire locally but they cannot find a "cheap rim" (other than going to Ford for $225+).

Any suggestion? Thanks.
Try calling Winegardener Sales in Indiana. I have a Thor Gemini that I wanted/needed a spare tire and wheel for. Checked with local salvage & repair shops, no luck. Ford wanted over $300 for a new wheel. After much looking, located a tire and wheel on eBay from them. The 195/75/16C tire and wheel had never been used and the wheel was compatible for the rear dual. Price was reasonable as well.
419-227-9047
http://stores.ebay.com/wine1wholesale

Good luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.